The Rights Platform aspires that all community based organisations in the county, who work in areas of disadvantage and with communities who experience disadvantage have an opportunity to contribute to local policy development and to receive support from like-minded organisations.
The benefits of being a member of the Platform include:
- Being a part of an organisation whose sole focus is on social inclusion and anti-poverty work (prioritising areas of disadvantage within the South Dublin County area).
- The opportunity to contribute to national fora and to local and regional policy developments
- Contributing to common policy positions on topical issues such Housing, Health, Childcare, Safety etc.
- Having your position represented by other Platform members (solidarity of interest)
- Representing the Platform membership on the Public Participation Network and Community Development Advisory Group
- Networking and availing of training and other supports from member organisations